Powerloom Industry is small scale industry which is one of the job oriented rural industries contributing to its full capacity to the growth & development of our Country. The industry is rightly called a small scale industry as it requires small capital investment & less maintenance cost. Owing to this, the Industry is
mostly wide spread in rural areas.
The Powerloom Industry has been clustered and flourished in the
following prominent powerloom centres in Maharashtra – Bhiwandi [Thane Dist.],Ichalkaranji [Kolhapur Dist.], Sholapur [Sholapur Dist.], Malegaon [Nasik Dist.],Dhule [Dhule Dist.], and Sangli [Sangli Dist.]. Most of these Powerlooms are working in decentralized sector. The Powerloom Sector mostly comprises of small
units containing 2 to 4 powerlooms and these Powerloom Units are working on job work basis i.e. powerloom holders are obtaining raw material from the traders and supplying woven cloth in turn at certain terms and rate of wages. The Powerloom
Sector provides direct employment to about 10 lakh persons.
Registration No. under Companies : U51504MH1972SGCO15583. Act, 1956.
Authorized Share Capital : Rs. 20/- Crores.
Paid up Share Capital : Rs. 1667.30 Lakhs.
Main objectives of MSPC :
• To supply improved equipments and accessories required for Power loom Industry.
• To supply raw materials required for the Power loom Industry [as per 1].
• To assist in the marketing of products of the Power loom Weavers.
• To install and run dye-houses, plants for pre-weaving facilities, bleaching, calendaring, mercerizing, printing, anti-shrink processing and other processing plants required for the Power loom Industry as per .
• To raise finance for the above purposes by issue of Share Capital, Debentures, Bonds, or by rising loans or accepting deposits with or without guarantee of the Government of Maharashtra.
• To carry on all kinds of agency business relating to the above.
• To undertake the study of and preparation of project reports, feasibility studies and to act as general consultant in Power loom trade.
• To establish, erect, buy, sell, organize, own, conduct, supervise, manage Spinning and Weaving Mills, and carry on business of Ginners, Spinners, Weavers, Dyers, Manufacturers, Balers, and Pressers of all kind of fibrous materials and cultivation thereof, tanning, preparing, colouring, dyeing and bleaching, processes and purchasing and vending the raw materials and manufactured articles, combing, bleaching, printing, selling and otherwise dealing in all kinds of cloth, textiles, and goods made of fibers.